Khan Wahan, Naushehro Feroze District, August 20, 2023 – In a significant development in the tragic case of Fatima Fariro, the 10-year-old domestic worker who died under alleged circumstances of violence, a medical board consisting of doctors and forensic experts exhumed her remains on Saturday for a post-mortem examination. The exhumation was carried out under the supervision of Judicial Magistrate Kandiaro Jameel Ahmed Rajpar, who was appointed by the court to oversee the process.
Certainly, here is a list of key points discussed in the article:
- Exhumation and Post-Mortem: A medical board of doctors and forensic experts exhumed the remains of 10-year-old domestic worker Fatima Fariro for a post-mortem examination in Khan Wahan village, Naushehro Feroze district.
- Judicial Supervision: Judicial Magistrate Kandiaro Jameel Ahmed Rajpar supervised the exhumation process, ensuring its proper execution and adherence to legal procedures.
- Permission Granted: A local court granted permission for the exhumation and further investigation after distressing video clips of Fatima’s injuries circulated on social media.
- Preservation of Evidence: To preserve potential evidence and the sanctity of the grave, a police picket was established near the burial site, and routes leading to the site were monitored.
- Medical Experts: A medical team consisting of experts from Civil Hospital Nawabshah and Dow University conducted the exhumation and collected necessary samples from the exhumed body.
- Commitment to Justice: Caretaker Sindh Chief Minister Maqbool Baqar expressed the government’s commitment to serving justice and conducting a thorough inquiry into the incident.
- Main Suspect Arrested: Pir Asad Shah Jeelani, a member of the influential Pirs of Ranipur, was arrested on allegations of torturing Fatima at his residence in Ranipur. He was sent to jail on a four-day remand.
- Allegations and Denial: The suspect denies involvement in Fatima’s death, claiming she passed away during treatment for stomach pain at his residence. He views the case as a conspiracy to tarnish his family’s reputation.
- Nationwide Outrage: The distressing video clips of Fatima struggling before collapsing ignited outrage across the nation and prompted condemnation of the alleged crime.
- Public Solidarity: Local residents and people throughout the country united in condemning the alleged crime and expressing solidarity with Fatima’s family.
- Broader Discussions: The case sparked discussions about the protection of vulnerable individuals and the necessity of a just and transparent legal process.
- Post-Mortem Results: The evidence collected from the post-mortem examination is expected to play a crucial role in uncovering the truth behind Fatima’s tragic death.
- Ongoing Investigation: As investigations continue, the nation awaits further developments in the case that has captured the attention of the entire country.
The medical board, which included experts from Civil Hospital Nawabshah and Dow University, collected necessary samples from the exhumed body of Fatima Fariro in Khan Wahan village, Naushehro Feroze district. This critical step aims to gather evidence that could shed light on the circumstances leading to her tragic demise.
The exhumation comes after a local court granted permission for further investigation into the case, following the circulation of distressing video clips showing Fatima in a severely injured state, struggling before collapsing. The incident ignited nationwide outrage and condemnation, prompting a thorough examination of the events leading up to her death.
District and Sessions Judge Naushehro Feroze Mehboob Ali appointed First Civil Judge Kandiaro as the supervisor for the exhumation process. To ensure the preservation of potential evidence and the sanctity of the grave, a police picket was established near the burial site, and all routes leading to the site were monitored due to concerns that the victim’s remains might be tampered with.
The involvement of a medical team from Karachi and Sukkur underscores the gravity of the case and the commitment to a comprehensive investigation. The medical experts are expected to provide detailed findings to the Sindh Chief Minister, Maqbool Baqar, who has already expressed the government’s determination to serve justice and conduct a thorough inquiry into the incident.
The alleged main suspect, Pir Asad Shah Jeelani, a member of the influential Pirs of Ranipur, has been arrested on allegations of torturing Fatima at his residence in Ranipur. He was produced before Judicial Magistrate Sobho Dero and subsequently sent to jail on a four-day remand. While the suspect maintains his innocence and claims that Fatima died during treatment for stomach pain, the evidence collected from the post-mortem examination is expected to play a crucial role in determining the truth behind her tragic death.
The nation remains united in condemning the alleged crime and expressing solidarity with Fatima’s family. The case has raised broader discussions about the protection of vulnerable individuals and the need for a just and transparent legal process.
As investigations continue and the post-mortem results are analyzed, Pakistan awaits further developments in this heart-wrenching case that has captured the attention of the entire nation.
or click here.